For more than ten years now, proficiency tests have been offered at the Kunststoff-Institut Lüdenscheid (KIMW) for fiber-reinforced plastic composites. In this year’s autumn series, our partner Grasse Zur Composite Testing from Berlin is once again on board. Grasse Zur Composite Testing is itself accredited as a testing laboratory according to ISO 17025, contributes its existing know-how to our expert committee and thus supports the technical elaboration of the proficiency tests for fiber-reinforced plastic composites.
The primary goal is a reliable evaluation of the testing competence of all participants. The ability of the Kunststoff-Institut Lüdenscheid to objectively assess the accuracy of the participants’ results in proficiency tests has been officially confirmed through the accreditation according to ISO 17043.
Your advantages at a glance:
- Proof of competence of the partners through accreditation
- Expert committee on the use of samples of practical relevance in the interlaboratory comparisons
- Close consultations on the development of proficiency tests in the expert committee
- International field of participants
- Digital workflow via online portal
- Detailed, anonymised final report with all participant results
- Certificates as proof of performance towards clients
In the fall of 2021, an interlaboratory test will be carried out for the first time to assess the shear properties of notched specimens (V-notched rail shear method). The test results of an international group of participants will be compared. The round robin tests will be carried out efficiently in order to be able to assess the competence of the participants with a reasonable testing effort and at the same time low costs.
Shear properties determined using notched specimens (V-notched rail shear method) – Execution framework and technical details::
- Shear modulus
- Shear strength
- Based on the standard ASTM D 7078/D 7078M:2012
- Provision of test specimens incl. replacement specimen
Please register as early as possible so that we can design the sample production according to demand. If you register after 30.09.2021, the possibility of participation can no longer be guaranteed.
Interested? Send request to reserve participation. We will prepare a non-binding offer: