Due to increased customer inquiries, the decision was made two years ago at the Kunststoff-Institut Lüdenscheid (KIMW) to initiate proficiency testing in the field of electrical cables. In this year’s autumn series, the first round robin tests in this field will be carried out. The ultimate goal is to achieve a reliable evaluation of the testing competence of all participants. The ability to objectively evaluate the accuracy of participant results in proficiency tests has been officially confirmed to the Kunststoff-Institut Lüdenscheid within the framework of the accreditation according to ISO 17043.
Your advantages at a glance:
- Proof of partners’ competence through accreditation.
- Expert panel for the use of practice-relevant samples in the proficiency tests.
- Tight coordination in the development of proficiency tests in the expert panel.
- Broad field of participants.
- Digital workflow via online portal.
- Detailed, anonymized final report with all participant results.
- Certificates as proof of performance towards clients.
In the fall of 2021, two round robin tests will focus on assessing the mechanical properties of electrical cables, more specifically the insulation. The test results of an international group of participants will be compared. In the development of the round robin test, consideration was given to making the testing effort reasonable in order to be able to assess the competence of the participants with a justifiable testing effort.
Implementation framework and technical details:
3001 | Single-core copper cable: mechanical stress on insulation | abrasion resistance.
- Abrasion resistance
- Reference to standard LV 112-1:2014-04 / 9.3.2
- Provision of test specimens including sufficient number of spare specimens.
3004 | Single-core copper cable: mechanical stress on insulation | notch strength.
- Notch strength
- Reference to standard LV 112-1:2014-04 / 9.3.5
- Provision of test specimens including sufficient number of spare specimens
Please register as early as possible, so we can design the sample production according to demand. If you register after 30.09.2021, the participation possibility can no longer be guaranteed.
Interested? Send request and reserve participation without obligation: